The Company believes that environmental, social and governance (ESG) factors may affect the value of the investments made by the Company over time. Sustainable investment approach is developing fast. The Company shares the view that by integrating the ESG factors in asset management, the return on investment grows or the impact is neutral at a lower overall risk level, as demonstrated by academic research as well. Moreover, integrating ESG factors into the asset management process contributes to the sustainable development of the world as well.
In June 2019, the Company signed a declaration confirming its commitment to adopt and implement the UN Principles for Responsible Investment. Consequently, the Company undertook to respect the following six principles:
- incorporate the ESG issues into investment analysis and decision-making processes;
- be active owners and incorporate the ESG issues into ownership policies and practices;
- seek appropriate disclosure on the ESG issues by the entities in which we invest;
- promote acceptance and implementation of the Principles within the investment industry;
- to cooperate with the PRI and PRI signatories to enhance effectiveness in implementing the Principles;
- to report on activities and progress towards implementing the Principles.
Sustainability and engagement policy